Actually, It seems like the Vice President of United States Mr. Mike Pence’s words on the essentials of industrial contribution while during COVID-19 pandemics have has a very strong effect on American big technology companies.
After Apple’s decision to donate 2 million masks for healthcare workers, Google is also going to contribute to the COVID-19 cause with a hefty donation of $800 million.
Sundar Pichai, The chief Executive officer of google announced on Friday that Google could be donating upwards of $800 million in advertisement credits and loans to help Governmental organizations and small businesses in their response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Google Announcement further details the breakdown of the donation, which goes as follows below:
- $250 million worth of advertisement grants to 100+ governmental organizations across the world, including the World Health Organization (WHO)
- $340 million in advertisement credits to small businesses with accounts that have been active in the past year
- $20 million worth of Google Cloud credits to universities and research groups that are responding to COVID-19
- $200 million in investment funds for non-profit organizations and financial institutions to provide loans to small businesses and startups
- Additional investment into scaling up the production of face masks and other vital protective equipment for healthcare workers on the frontlines
Since the COVID-19 is a global pandemic, you might have an idea that it requires a very strong global effort, with its worldwide networks and databases of information.
Read Also: Data Warning For Google Chrome Users
Currently, Google is in an awesome position to lend a helping hand while during these times of crisis.
“Aside from being a grand act of goodwill, giving away ad credits makes sense from a business point-of-view as well. Google’s massive ad business has taken a huge hit during this pandemic as businesses all over the world have been forced to either halt some of their operations or shut down entirely.”
By giving 800 million of dollars’ worth of advertising grants and credits, Google is doing enough to keep its business afloat and ensure that it remains competitive even during this COVID-19 Pandemic.